Although the outer cup of the clutch is accurately drawn from strip steel, it can go slightly out of round during heat treatment. When the assembly is pressed into a ring gage or properly prepared housing of correct size and wall thickness, it becomes round and properly sized. Direct measurement of the outside diameter of a drawn cup assembly is an incorrect procedure. The proper inspection procedure is as follows:
1. Press the assembly into a ring gage of the proper size.
2. Gage the bore with the specified plug gages of the proper size.
- The locking plug is rotated to insure lockup when the clutch is operated at low limit shaft and is mounted in a high limit housing strong enough to properly size the clutch.
- The overrun plug is rotated to ensure free over-running when the clutch is operated on a high limit shaft and is mounted in a low limit housing.
- The go plug and no go plug insure proper size of the bearings in the clutch and bearing assemblies.
If you want to know more about bearings, please visit www.zys-bearings.com or send email to email@example.com.